ST GEORGE ART SOCIETY exhibits members’ artworks at a variety of venues and at various times during the year.
Our predominant exhibition and prestigious awards show is held in early November at the Kogarah School of Arts. Details of this show are presented in October.
ANNUAL ART AWARDS & EXHIBITION
The majority of the Society’s Awards have traditionally been named after the early and founding members who had significant influence on the direction of St George Art Society.
- Wal Chandler Award for oil and acrylic painting
- Walter Bennett Award for mediums other than oil and watercolour
- John Upton Award for watercolour medium
- Walter Dowman Award for miniatures
- Nancy Wilkinson Award for contemporary and abstract painting
- Myrle King Award for still-life painting
- Muriel Harding Award for portraiture and figurative
- Award for Excellence for best in show artwork
Our Annual Art Show is traditionally held in November. See our Calendar for the dates. The awards are judged by an invited professional practicing artist.
The official Opening Night is Friday with $10 admittance. Refreshments are included with light supper served and a bar available. A member of the art society donates an artwork which is the raffle prize to raise funds for the Lamrock Committee of the St George Public Hospital. The Show continues Saturday and Sunday, opening for free admission 10am until 4pm on both days.
Visitors may vote for the People’s Choice artwork. Winners of both the raffle and People's Choiceare drawn on Sunday prior to the closing of the show.
Eligibility to enter artworks in this awards exhibition, artists must be a current financial member of the St George Art Society by September 30th of that year.
All details and forms may be found in Forms when entries are invited.